Strawberry compote is a sweet & tangy delicious topping for cakes, cupcakes, muffins, cheesecakes, ice creams, toasts, pancakes etc to name a few.
It is different from strawberry jam as unlike jam it contains bigger chunks of strawberries and also compote has lesser amount of sugar as compared to jam.
Compote has lesser shelf life of upto 2 weeks when stored in a clean & dry air tight glass jar in refrigerator. For a longer shelf life, you will have to freeze it in your freezer.
A short video of the recipe of strawberry compote: https://youtu.be/D6RgANflj3A
Strawberries- 3 cups
Brown sugar- 9 tbsp
Cornflour- 2 tsp
Water- 2 tbsp
Lemon juice- a few drops
– Clean, wash & finely chop the strawberries.
– In a pan, cook chopped strawberries alongwith sugar on medium flame till the berries become mushy. It took me 10 minutes.
– Make a slurry using cornflour and water and add this to strawberries being cooked.
– Bring the mixture to a boil after adding slurry and then switch off the flame.
– Finally add a few drops of lemon juice to make it tangy.
– Your compote is ready!
– Relish it as a topping for your as, cupcakes, muffins, cheesecakes, ice creams, toasts, pancakes etc to name a few.
– Store it in a clean & dry air tight glass jar in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in freezer for up to 6 months or so.
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’