A short video of the eggles chocolate mud cake recipe: https://youtu.be/DM4Mfd33i2A
The chocolate mud cake is a dense cake having melted chocolate inside the cake sponge and is frosted with a creamy chocolate ganache. It is too delicious to resist and is easy to bake at the same time.
Try this recipe once and you will surely enjoy it with your family and friends.
Just follow the recipe exactly as mentioned to get the perfect results.
All purpose flour(Maida) – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Dark compound chocolate – 200g
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Oil(neutral flavoured) – 1/4 cup
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Low fat cream – 150ml
Blueberries, cranberries – 2 tbsp each(optional)
– Take 100g chocolate, oil, 1/2 cup milk & sugar in a pan and bring these to a boil to melt everything together. Keep this wet mix aside to cool down to room temperature.
– Sift maida, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder & salt together to get dry mix and keep it aside.
– Add vinegar to 1/4 cup of lukewarm milk to get curdled milk and keep this aside.
– Now add vanilla essence to cooled down wet mix and add dry mix to it. Mix these using cut & fold mixing method.
– Keep on adding the curdled milk to the batter in batches of 3 and mix using cut & fold method.
– The batter is ready. Pour it in a greased & lined baking dish. Tap it twice or thrice to remove air bubbles.
– Bake it in a preheated oven at 160°C for 45-50 minutes till the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Let the baked cake remain in the oven for 20 minutes and then demould it and let it cool down to room temperature on a wire rack.
– Meanwhile, prepare the ganache for frosting.
– Boil the cream, switch off the flame & add 100g dark chocolate(roughly chopped) to it and let it sit in the hot cream for a minute. After that mix the chocolate well into the cream. The ganache is ready. Let it cool down to room temperature.
– Incase, the ganache is too runny, just refrigerate it till it thickens to the desired consistency.
– Finally pour the cooled down ganache all over the cake including its sides.
– Garnish the cake with scraped chocolate and fresh cherries and enjoy!’
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’