A short video of Eggless Sugar Cookies: https://youtu.be/5iZ42YGRyY4
The vanilla sugar cookies make the base of Christmas cookies. These cookies are decorated using royal icing, sprinkles etc to make Christmas cookies. Do try these melt in mouth delicious cookies atleast once & you will definitely crave to bake these multiple times.
Ingredients:(for 350g cookies or 20 cookies of avg 3″ size)
Maida – 1.5 cup
Cornflour- 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
Salted butter – 1/2 cup(at room temperature)
Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Chilled milk – 1.5 tbsp
Incase using unsalted butter, then add a pinch of salt to the dry mix.
– Sieve together maida, cornflour & baking powder and keep aside. Incase using unsalted butter, then add a pinch of salt here. This is dry mix.
– Cream butter & icing sugar together for 5 minutes till it becomes light in colour & fluffy.
– Add vanilla essence.
– Now mix dry mix to wet mix in batches of two using spatula or your hands lightly.
– Add milk to bind the dough together.
– Wrap the dough well in a cling wrap & refrigerate for atleast 2 hours. You can even keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
– Remove the dough from the refrigerator, let it stay at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling it.
– Cut the dough in 2 equal parts, roll each to 1/4 inch thick sheet using dry flour for dusting the working platform & using cookie cutters cut various shaped cookies out of the dough.
– Again roll out the leftover rolled dough and cut the cookies till all the dough is finished.
– Try to cut as many cookies as possible from the first time rolled sheet as the dry dusting flour keeps on increasing everytime we roll out the sheet making the dough more and more crumbly.
– Keep cookies on a greased lined tray & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
– After 10 minutes, bake them in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20-22 minutes on medium rack till you get a golden colour on the cookie edges.
– Cool the baked cookies to room temperature on a wire rack.
– Decorate them with royal icing, sprinkles etc and enjoy!
Eggless royal icing:https://yoshitaskitchen.com/2020/12/21/eggless-royal-icing/
Christmas sugar cookie decoration: https://yoshitaskitchen.com/2020/12/21/christmas-cookies-decoration/
Stained glass cookie recipe:https://yoshitaskitchen.com/2020/12/21/stained-glass-cookies/
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’