A shirt recipe video: https://youtu.be/1UQKyW6QLB8
Caramelized Foxnuts with jaggery and sesame seeds are a super healthy yet addictively delicious snacks especially during winters.
Foxnuts – 100 g
Jaggery – 150 g
Desi ghee(Clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
White Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp(lightly toasted)
Salt – a pinch
– Dry roast foxnuts in a heavy bottomed pan on low flame for a few minutes till they turn crunchy and are no longer chewy.
– Add 1 tbsp of desi ghee to the foxnuts towards the end of roasting to avoid the ghee getting burnt.
– Switch off the flame and keep aside the roasted foxnuts.
– Now, in the same heavy bottomed pan, take 1 tbsp desi ghee, add crushed jaggery to it and cook it on high flame for 3-4
minutes continuously stirring it.
– Switch off the flame and immediately mix in sesame seeds, a pinch of salt & roasted makhana to the melted jaggery.
– The mixing up process should be very quick, else the jaggery will harden up before coating the foxnuts.
– In case the coated foxnuts stick to each other while mixing, they can be easily separated after they cool down to room
– Store them in a clean, dry & air tight container after they cool down to room temperature.
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’