This is the recipe of street style veg chowmein. All you have to keep in mind is that chop the vegetables finely in julienned form, boil the noodles only till 80% done and saute everything on high flame for a few minutes only keeping them crunchy.
Veg chowmein recipe short video https://youtu.be/wq4h5suwLGU
Noodles – Half of 775g pack
Soy sauce – 1tbsp
Green chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
salt – to taste
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Julienned carrot – 2
Julienned capsicum – 2
Blanched, shredded cabbage – half
Spring onions whites – of 2 onions(sliced)
Spring onion greens – of 2 onions (chopped)
Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste 2 tbsp
– Boil noodles in boiling hot water with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil till 80% cooked.
– Strain the noodles, wash with chilled water and add 1 tbsp oil over the noodles to avoid making noodles sticky. Keep them aside.
– Heat 1 tbsp oil in a big iron wok, saute ginger garlic green chilli paste for a minute, then saute spring onion whites for a minute, then add carrots, capsicum, cabbage and saute them for a few minutes on high flame.
– Now, add green chilli sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, salt, black pepper powder and mix everything well.
– Finally add boiled chowmein and mix well.
– Switch off the flame, mix in vinegar & the chowmein is ready.
– Enjoy the veg chowmein hot!
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’