Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- This is a Four Ingredient Mango Ice-cream prepared with mango, fresh cream, condensed milk (which can be prepared at home too) & sugar.
- It’s a very easy & delicious no fire mango ice cream recipe.
- To get a good mango flavour, use very ripe and juicy mangoes with a strong mango flavour & least sourness. I have used ‘Dussehri’ variety of mangoes in this recipe.
- I have added mango cubes to the ice cream to make it chunky. You may skip adding them.
- By mixing cream, condensed milk & sugar, you get a base of any flavored ice cream. Just mix in 2 tsp of vanilla essence to get vanilla ice cream or some cocoa powder to get chocolate ice cream or chocolate chips or some dry fruits or experiment with some other fruit puree.
- I even experimented by adding coconut milk powder to a part of my mango ice cream and it turned out yummy as well. You may call it Coconut-Mango Ice cream.
- There is no added food colours in this recipe and I generally avoid using food colours. You may still add some saffron for an intense colour.
- You may adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe as per your taste.
- Preferably use heavy cream with 30% to 35% fat or non-dairy whipping cream to get the perfect creamy ice cream. You may even use low fat cream or amul fresh cream as I did in the recipe and it still tastes super yummilicious.
- In case you are using heavy cream, you may adjust the consistency by adding some milk. I have used fresh cream in this recipe, so no need to add milk.
- You can prepare condensed milk at home. Boil 2.5 tbsp of water, add 1.5 tbsp butter to it. Blend 1/3 cup milk powder & 3.5 tbsp sugar together and then add the water-butter mix to it & blend well to get 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- Freeze the ready ice cream mixture for a minimum of 8 hours in an air tight freezer proof container or you may even cover the container with a cling wrap, if it does not have a lid.
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Icing Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Mango puree – 1 cup
- Mango cubes – of 2 mangoes
- Pistachio – a few (to garnish)
- Chill the cream along with whisk and the container in which you want to whip the cream.
- Whip the cream over an ice bath either using a hand whisk or with an electric beater till you get soft peaks.
- Add icing sugar to it and whip again for a minute.
- Then add condensed milk to the cream-sugar mixture and whip it well.
- Now this cream-condensed milk-sugar mix is the base of any flavoured ice cream. You may add 2tsp vanilla essence to this to make vanilla ice cream or add cocoa powder to make chocolate ice cream or add chocolate chips or dry fruits or some other fruit puree. The list is endless.
- I had experimented by adding coconut milk powder to the mango ice cream to make Coconut-Mango Ice cream & it tasted yummylicious too.
- Add mango puree, mix it well. And finally add the mango cubes & mix these with a light hand.
- The mango ice cream mix is finally ready.
- Pour it to an air tight freezer proof container or you may cover the container with a cling wrap, in case it does not have a lid.
- Freeze it for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop the frozen ice cream, garnish it with pistachios and enjoy!
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’