Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- The Mug pizza is a super easy & quick homemade pizza alternative to quickly satisfy our pizza cravings within a few minutes using very few ingredients which are readily available in our homes.
- Even kids can prepare this on their own. This one has been prepared by my eight year old daughter. It’s her only in the video embedded in this blog.
- Make sure to use a microwave safe mug having flat & broad base to distribute the heat evenly. A 250 ml mug has been used in this recipe.
- All the ingredients used while baking should be at room temperature only.
- You may customise the toppings as per your choice but try to keep it simple as more the toppings, more will be the cooking time.
- Here we have used tomato ketchup over the pizza base instead of pizza sauce. You may apply any of the two as per the availability.
- Chilli flakes have not been used as this was meant for kids. You may sprinkle chilli flakes along with mixed herb seasoning over the toppings of your mug pizza.
- Many recipes call for baking both the base and the toppings together but that might result in a sticky pizza base. So here, we have baked the base first and then applied toppings & baked the pizza second time, resulting in a perfect mug pizza.
- My microwave is of 900 W(full power) in which it takes 2 minutes 40 secs to bake this mug pizza. In case your microwave is of different power, then you may alter the cooking time accordingly.
- Enjoy your mug pizza hot!
- Maida (All purpose Flour) – 4.5 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 3 pinch
- Baking Soda – 1.5 pinch
- Mixed Italian herbs – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 3 pinch
- Curd – 1.5 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 tsp
- Water – 1.5 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 to 3 tsp
- Processed Cheese – 2 tbsp (Grated)
- Bell Pepper – 1 tbsp (Finely chopped)(you may add olives too)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- In a microwave safe mug (250 ml), take maida. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and 3 pinch mixed herbs. Mix these with a fork for a few seconds. This makes dry mix of pizza base.
- Add curd, oil and water to the dry mix. Mix these well with the fork making a dough like consistency. Smoothen the top with the back of a spoon.
- Now bake the pizza base in microwave 900 W(Full power) for 1 min 20 secs. It becomes soft and spongy.
- Then apply ketchup on the top of baked pizza base. Sprinkle grated cheese over the ketchup. Sprinkle the veggies on the top along with the mixed herb seasonings & chilli flakes(optional).
- Bake this again in microwave 900 W(full power) for 1 min 20 secs.
- Your quick & delicious mug pizza is ready to be relished!
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’