Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- No bake desserts are quite quick and ridiculously easy to prepare. This is the kind of recipe that is never refused, looks really impressive, tastes awesome and is a complete crowd-pleaser. You may even call it as a slice-able truffle.
- Another great thing about this cake is that even kids can prepare it, being an oven free recipe. This one has been prepared by my eight year old daughter only!
- This recipe prepares a 6 inch x 5 inch x 1.5 inch cake. You may multiply the ingredients proportionately to get a bigger cake.
- You may use either low fat or heavy cream. Both will work equally good. Just whip it with an electric beater or hand whisk to soft peaks. For ease, you may even skip this and the cake will still turn out awesome.
- Make sure to refrigerate the prepared cake for at least 5 hours to overnight as this helps in setting the different layers of the cake. The cream gets infused in every layer of the cake with time. The more the setting time, tastier the cake will turn out to be.
- There are many variations possible with this cake. You may keep on experimenting every time you prepare it.
- You may even add cream cheese or even mascarpone cheese to your whipped cream. You may follow my tiramisu recipe to learn how to prepare mascarpone cheese at home. https://yoshitaskitchen.com/2019/10/08/eggless-tiramisu/
- Use your culinary & craft skills to decorate the cake in different ways every time you prepare it.
- I have used multi colour vermicelli sprinkles to decorate the cake. You may vary the decoration using choco chips (https://amzn.to/2CtLVrY) or chocolate shavings or various other kinds of sprinkles available in the market or even finely chopped dry fruits or fresh strawberries or cherries, the list is endless.
Ingredients: (for 6″ x 5″ x 1.5″ cake)
- Cream (low fat or heavy) – 250 ml
- Oreo Biscuits(vanilla) – 120 g pack
- Glucose biscuits – 20 in no.
- Britannia Fruit cake (egg less) – 2 packs
- Multi colour Vermicelli Sprinkles – to decorate
- Whip the cream a bit to soft peaks.
- Remove vanilla cream from the oreo biscuits and keep the cream aside to be used in decorating the top of the cake later on. Crush the biscuits either in a plastic bag or in a mixer to powder form.
- Now mix together the whipped cream and powdered oreo biscuit gently in a cut & fold way of mixing. Keep it aside.
- Now comes the layering part. Take a spring foam pan or any flat plate and spread a bit of oreo-whipped cream mix over it for the layers to stick easily to the pan.
- Dip each glucose biscuit in the cream mix and start placing over the cream base prepared. Then cover it with a spoonful of cream mix. This is first biscuit layer.
- Over the first biscuit layer, place the fruit cake layer and cover it with a spoonful of cream mix. This is first fruit cake layer.
- Now repeat the above two steps to get 2nd glucose and 2nd fruit cake layer.
- After this just cover the sides and top of the layered cake with oreo-whipped cream mixture & smoothen the surface as much as possible using an angled spatula.
- Decorate the top of the cake using the vanilla cream removed from the oreo biscuits as desired.
- Sprinkle multi colour vermicelli sprinkles on the top and refrigerate it for at least 5 hours to overnight for the layers to set properly.
- You may vary the decorations using choco chips or chocolate shavings or various other kinds of sprinkles available in the market or even finely chopped dry fruits or fresh strawberries or cherries, the list is endless.
- Enjoy the chilled delicious cake with your friends and family!
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’