Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- Me and my kids never liked a store bought peanut butter but the homemade one turned out to be so finger lickingly yummy that we can not stop ourselves from finishing it up.
- Store bought peanut butter is always an easier option but is equally harmful when compared to the homemade one. As the store bought one is full of harmful bad quality vegetable oils, preservatives, sugar and very less amount of peanuts.
- A healthier, more delicious , nuttier & creamier peanut butter can be easily prepared at home within a few minutes. Just a few minutes of grinding all the ingredients and you are done.
- Always make sure to use roasted and de-skinned peanuts.
- I have used jaggery, honey, cold pressed neutral oil and rock salt, all being healthier options to prepare this peanut butter. You may replace cold pressed oil with olive oil or any other neutral flavoured oil of your choice.
- Roasted & deskinned peanuts – 1 cup
- Cold pressed neutral flavoured oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery / sugar – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Rock salt – 1/2 tsp
- Dry roast the peanuts and then de-skin them.
- Grind the peanuts in a dry grinder jar for about a minute to get a fine powder.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients to the grinder and keep on grinding on highest speed till the oil starts oozing out of the peanuts. This will take approximately 7-8 minutes, depending on the power of your grinder. You may rest your grinder in between, as it might become hot while grinding.
- Once it turns into a creamy textured paste, transfer the peanut butter to an air tight container and enjoy!
- You may store it in an air tight container and refrigerate it for future (if and only if you can resist yourself from eating it till it gets finished up) use.
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’