Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- Take thick variety of poha (flattened rice) and thick curd.
- Deep fry the vadas on medium flame so that they get nicely cooked not only from outside but from inside as well.
- Poha (flattened rice) – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp
- Thick curd – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Curry levaes – a few (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – a few (finely chopped)
- Oil – for frying
- Rinse and clean the poha properly and soak it in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Then remove the water properly from the poha using a sieve and squeeze it further to remove any water left.
- Now take this poha in a bowl. Add salt and curd to it. Mix these well and keep them aside for 10 minutes.
- After that add onions, ginger, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, rice flour and bread crumbs to the soaked poha mixture. Mix these well while crushing the poha with your hands. Keep on kneading it for a few minutes to make a dough like mix.
- Heat the oil and meanwhile grease your hands with some oil & shape your vadas with the prepared mix.
- Deep fry the vadas on medium heat till golden brown and crisp.
- Enjoy these hot with peanut chutney / coconut chutney / green chutney / sauce or any other desired chutney.
Peanut chutney link : https://yoshitaskitchen.wordpress.com/2020/03/10/peanut-chutney/
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’