Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- Use fresh red carrot available during winters to prepare this pickle.
- Wash the carrot properly and dry out with a clean dry cloth.
- You may even consume it instantly. But this pickle tastes the best after at least 2 days of preparing it.
- Store the prepared pickle in a sterilised and dry glass jar.
- After 5 days or so, in case the pickle is still left, keep it in refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
- Carrot – 1 cup (Sliced)
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
- Mustard seeds (small) / Rai – 2 tsp
- Grind together salt and mustard seeds to a coarse powder.
- Wash the carrot and dry them using a clean dry cloth.
- Now slice the carrots thinly and keep aside.
- In a dry sterilised glass jar, add a few sliced carrots and over these sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the salt-mustard seeds powder. Keep on adding layers of carrots and salt-mustard seeds powder over it.
- Finally mix these all and keep the jar at a dry place for at least 2 days for the pickle to get completely ready. Keep on mixing it everyday with a dry clean spoon.
- After 2 days, the mustard seeds will give their full flavour and the pickle gets ready to be relished.
- Store the pickle in refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
‘Cooking food for your loved ones with love!’