Few things to keep in mind before starting:
- Always knead the dough with saline warm water.
- Knead the dough for atleast 5 minutes to get better results. and after that give some resting time to the dough.
- I prefer rolling the roti using my palm. You may even use a polythene sheet to roll the same.
- Bajra roti is considered as a dry food and hence it is mandatory to have lots of ghee or butter with it to avoid constipation. Bajra has a very high fibre content and is rich in iron, calcium and magnesium. It gives warmth to our body and is best to be taken during winters.
Ingredients: (for 5-6 rotis)
- Bajra flour – 1.5 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Warm water – 0.5 cup
- Add salt to the warm water and mix well.
- Use this saline warm water to knead the dough using bajra flour. Knead the dough for atleast 5 mins and then keep it aside to rest.
- Make 5-6 balls out of the dough and roll out the rotis using your palm and dry flour.
- Cook these on iron griddle on both sides just like a wheat flour roti.
- Enjoy them hot with jaggery and butter/ghee.
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love!’