Few Pointers to keep in mind before starting:
- Always use large sized green amla without any spots.
- Wash the amla and dry them with a clean and dry cloth only.
- Always store the pickle in a dry sterilised glass container.
- I use iron wok for preparing this pickle. Aluminium utensil should never be used for this.
- Keep this pickle in refrigerator, after it has cooled down to room temperature, for a longer shelf life.
- Fresh Amla – 250g
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Saunf (Fennel seeds) – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the amlas properly and then dry them with a clean dry cloth.
- In an iron or steel heavy bottomed utensil, heat the oil. Put the flame on low and then add fennel seeds, turmeric powder, amlas and salt together.
- Keep the flame on low and keep on cooking amlas constantly flipping their sides from time to time till the amlas get soft enough that when you press them with a little bit of pressure with your spatula they break apart.
- The amla pickle is ready to be consumed.
- Let it cool down to room temperature before storing it in a dry sterilised glass jar.
- Keep the pickle in refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
- You may even add green chillies alongwith amla while cooking.
‘Cooking for our loved ones with love !’