In my usual effort of preparing something different in my day to day routine, I prepared this kadhai veggie few days back and it turned out really delicious. I had actually not planned to post this recipe but after tasting it my husband insisted me to post the recipe despite the fact that I had not clicked any pic while cooking it.
The best part which I liked about this recipe is the kadhai masala which is roasted and ground fresh for this recipe. It is this masala only which gives awesome taste to the whole veggie and turns it magically delicious. You can even store it for future use in case you are short of cooking time.
For Kadhai Masala:
Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom- 2
Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
Dry red chillies whole- 1
Kasuri Methi- 1 tsp
Cashews – 8 to 9
Black Peppers- 4
For Gravy and Veggie:
Potato diced, carrot diced, green peas & mixed bell peppers sliced- 1/2 cup (each)
Onion- 1 medium (Sliced) & 1 medium (Chopped)
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp ( you may use grated ginger garlic as well)
Tomatoes- 3 to 4 medium sized (pureed)
Turmeric powder- 1/4tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder- 1/4tsp
Cream or fresh malai- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Ginger Julienne and coriander leaves- to garnish
Oil- 2 tbsp
1. Dry roast all the ingredients of kadhai masala, & when they cool down, grind them to a fine powder and keep aside.
2. In the same pan heat 1 tbsp oil and saute’ sliced onion and sliced bell peppers for few minutes till they are half cooked keeping them crunchy and keep aside.
3. In the same pan heat 1 tbsp oil, saute’ grated ginger garlic. Then add chopped onions and saute’ them till they get golden brown. Then add tomato puree, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute’ it till the oil is released from the sides.
4. Now add chopped carrots, potatoes and green peas along with salt and 1.5 cup of water and cook these covered on medium flame till the veggies get cooked well. Keep checking in between and add water as required.
5. When the veggies are cooked, add saute’d onion bell pepper along with the kadhai masala and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Finally add fresh cream or malai and switch off the flame. Garnish with ginger julienne and chopped coriander leaves.
This one is the only pic I could click 🙂 You may add the veggies of your choice in this recipe.
Cooking for our loved ones with love…!